Compute Software Platform
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Integration
To onboard with Compute Software, we will create two members: a service account and a user account. Total completion time: approximately 5-10 minutes.
The service account is used to provide the Compute Software Platform access to your GCP. The below steps will walk you through creating a service account and assigning the Project Viewer role.
- Navigate to the Create service account page. Ensure the correct project is selected. Input a service account name and an optional description. Click "Create".
- Select Project > Viewer to provide read only access to your project. Click "Continue".
- Nothing is needed on the "Grant users access to this service account" step. Click "Done".
- This service account has now been created and will be viewable in the Service account page. Click the action icon button and select "Create key".
- Ensure JSON is selected and click "Create".
- Send the downloaded JSON file to the Compute Software team.
The user account is used to provide Compute Software access to your GCP Console. The below steps will give firstname.lastname@example.org read only access to your GCP.
- Navigate to the IAM home page in GCP. At the top of the page, click the Add button.
- For "New members", input email@example.com. For "Role", select the Project > Viewer role. Click "Save".