Amazon Web Services (AWS) Integration through CloudFormation
This integration will provision IAM role(s) to provide Compute Software access to your AWS account. Use the CloudFormation template provided to you by Compute Software. Total completion time: approximately 5 minutes.
If this is the first time running the Compute Software CloudFormation template, follow the below steps. If you have already created a stack using the template, see the Updating section.
1. Navigate to the CloudFormation "Create Stack" page. Note that the stack will be created in the region you currently have selected.
2. Select "Upload a template file". Click "Choose file" and select the CloudFormation template file provided to you by Compute Software. Click Next.
3. Enter a Stack name (e.g., compute-software-roles).
4. Click "Create stack".
5. Follow the remainder of the steps in the Configuring the Stack section below.
To ensure no interruption in service, do not change the name of the IAM roles.
1. Navigate to the CloudFormation console and locate the previously created stack. Select the stack and click Update.
2. If no new CloudFormation template file was provided to you by Compute Software, select "Use current template" and click Next. If a new CloudFormation template JSON file was provided to you by Compute Software, select "Replace current template". Then select "Upload a template file". Click "Choose file" and select the CloudFormation template JSON file provided to you by Compute Software. Click Next.
3. Follow the remainder of the steps in the Configuring the Stack section below.
Configuring the Stack
Depending on the CloudFormation template created for your organization, the Parameters section may contain a subset of the below parameters. Skip any sections that are not present in your stack.
1. Input the parameters that are preset for your stack. For External ID, paste in the External ID provided to you for the account that you are running the CloudFormation template in. The Discovery Role is used to provide Compute Software with AWS Console access. Input a name for this role. Defaults to "compute-software-discovery-role". For S3 Prefix, input the report path prefix you used when creating the Cost & Usage Report. If you did not use a prefix, leave this field blank.
Platform RoleFor Role Name, input a name for the IAM role to be created for Compute Software. Defaults to "compute-software-platform-role".
Discovery Role**Cost & Usage Report**For S3 Bucket, input the S3 bucket name you used when creating the Cost & Usage Report.
1. No options are needed on the Configure stack options screen. Click Next.
2. Ensure "I acknowledge that AWS CloudFormation might create IAM resources with custom names." is checked. Click "Create stack".
3. After the stack says CREATE_COMPLETE, navigate to the Outputs tab and locate the rows for DiscoveryRoleARN and PlatformRoleARN. If DiscoveryRoleARN is not included in the output, it can be skipped.
4. Send the Value for both of these roles to firstname.lastname@example.org.