AWS Cost and Usage Report
Set up Billing Reports for us to ingest cost and usage data (read-only) for each AWS payer account.
Create a Cost and Usage Report
1. Navigate to the Billing Dashboard, select Cost & Usage Reports, and click Create Report.
2. Name your report and select both boxes below. Click Next.
3. Click Configure and select an existing S3 bucket or create a new S3 bucket where you would like to store your reports.
4. Select "Hourly" for the time granularity option and select "Create new report version" for the report versioning option. Leave all other settings as default - please keep the compression type as "GZIP". Click Next to land on the review screen. Click Review and Complete.
Provision IAM Role
1. Navigate to the AWS Billing Integrations in the Compute Software platform.
2. Click on “Add New Integration”
3. Input an Integration name for the Integration. Paste in the value for Report Name from the previously created CUR.
4. In the modal, click the link for “Launch Stack in CloudFormation.” This will open the CloudFormation console in a new tab.
5. Input the S3 Bucket, Report Name, and Report Prefix for the CUR created previously. Optionally change the Stack name and Role name. Leave External ID as is.
6. Check the box acknowledging the creation of resources and click “Create stack.”
7. After the stack is marked as CREATE_COMPLETE, navigate to the Outputs tab for the stack and copy the Value for the RoleARN key.
8. Navigate back to the Compute Software platform and paste the Role ARN into the Role ARN input box.
9. Click Add Integration.
User is not authorized to perform: sts:AssumeRole on resource
Verify that the Role ARN pasted in the Role ARN text box is correct and that the CloudFormation template succeeded in creating the role.
CUR Report is misconfigured
The settings for the CUR Report created do not match the required settings. Confirm the following settings match.
- Time granularity: Hourly
- Report versioning: Create new report version
- Compression type: GZIP
- File format: text/csv
- Include resource IDs: Checked