Setup Google Cloud Billing
Set up Google Cloud Billing access for Compute Software to read billing data (read-only) for your projects, including your committed use discounts and committed use discount configurations.
These steps will give firstname.lastname@example.org read only access to your GCP billing account.
1. Sign in to the Google Cloud Console.
2. Open the navigation menu and navigate to the Billing section.
3. If you have more than one Cloud Billing account, do one of the following:
- To provide Cloud Billing access for the current project, select “Go to linked billing account.”
- To locate a different Cloud Billing account, select “Manage billing accounts” and then choose the account that you want to provide access to.
4. In the Billing navigation menu, click “Account management.”
5. Use the Permissions panel to edit permissions for the selected Cloud Billing account. If the panel isn't already visible, click “Show Info Panel” to open it.
6. Click Add Principal.
7. In the “New principals” field, enter email@example.com.
8. From the “Select a role” dropdown, select the “Billing Account Viewer” permission.
9. Click Save.