Google Cloud Integration
To onboard with Compute Software, you will need to create two members: a service account and a user account. Total completion time: approximately 6 minutes.
The service account is used to provide the Compute Software Platform access to your GCP. The below steps will walk you through creating a service account and assigning the Project Viewer role.
- Navigate to the Create service account page. Ensure the correct project is selected. Input a service account name and an optional description. Click "Create".
2. Select Project > Viewer to provide read only access to your project. Click "Continue".
3. Nothing is needed on the "Grant users access to this service account" step. Click "Done".
4. This service account has now been created and will be viewable in the Service account page. Click the action icon button and select "Create key".
5. Ensure JSON is selected and click "Create".
6. Once you have a user account for the Compute Software platform, follow these steps to upload the JSON file to Compute Software:
- Login to app.computesoftware.com
- Navigate to Admin -> Integrations
- Click on the Add Integration button
- Enter the GCP Project name or a name of your choosing in the "Integration Name" field
- Select “GCP” from the dropdown
- Upload the JSON file
If you are not comfortable granting all permissions, at a minimum, your IAM permission needs to allow the following actions:
||List Compute Engine commitments.|
||Lists Cloud SQL instances in a given project.|
||List Google Compute Engine disks.|
||Retrieves a list of disk types available to the specified project.|
||Retrieves the list of instances contained within the specified zone.|
||Retrieves a list of machine types available to the specified project.|
||Retrieves the list of Zone resources available to the specified project.|
||Lists time series that match a filter. This method does not require a Workspace.|