Google Cloud Integration
To onboard with Compute Software, you will need to create two members: a service account and a user account. Total completion time: approximately 6 minutes.
The service account is used to provide the Compute Software Platform access to your GCP. The below steps will walk you through creating a service account and assigning the Project Viewer role.
1. Navigate to the Create service account page. Ensure the correct project is selected. Input a service account name and an optional description. Click "Create".
2. Select Project > Viewer to provide read only access to your project. Click "Continue".
3. Nothing is needed on the "Grant users access to this service account" step. Click "Done".
4. This service account has now been created and will be viewable in the Service account page. Click the action icon button and select "Create key".
5. Ensure JSON is selected and click "Create".
6. Once you have a user account for the Compute Software platform, follow these steps to upload the JSON file to Compute Software:
- Login to app.computesoftware.com
- Navigate to Admin -> Integrations
- Click on the Add Integration button
- Enter the GCP Project name or a name of your choosing in the "Integration Name" field
- Select “GCP” from the dropdown
- Upload the JSON file
The user account is used to provide Compute Software access to your GCP Console. The below steps will give firstname.lastname@example.org read only access to your GCP.
1. Navigate to the IAM home page in GCP. At the top of the page, click the Add button.
2. For "New members", input email@example.com. For "Role", select the Project > Viewer role. Click "Save".